God is passionate about this world and the people he created. As the Psalmist says, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it….” (Psalm 24:1).
At the start of 2015 we will be gathering together as a church to seek God for the year ahead. It was John Wesley who said, “God does nothing except in response to believing prayer.”
Over the first two Sundays of January our focus will be: Jesus, the King of glory, being revealed in our lives, church, city and country. If we want to see the Kingdom of God break out in increasing measure then we need to seek God together.
“Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place?” We can – Jesus has opened the way for us to come boldly before God enabling us to pray with confidence… We are convinced God hears, takes notice of and then answers our prayers.
Our hearts’ cry this coming year is for Jesus, the King of glory, to be seen more and more in our lives and in the life of the church.
So like the Psalmist we say, “Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in…” Amen! Come Lord Jesus!
The programme for the Prayer Week looks like this:
• Sunday 4th January 2015 Prayer Meeting at 7pm at the MBC
• Tuesday 6th January 2015 Men’s Prayer Night at 7.45 pm at the MBC
• Wednesday 7th January 2015 Ladies Prayer Night at 7.45 pm at MBC
• Friday 9th January 2015 Open Prayer Morning at the MBC – this will start with the early morning prayer at the MBC between 6-7am, the staff prayer meeting between 9-10am – both of which everyone is welcome to join – thereafter the room (Room 1 or 2) will be set up for people to come and pray through the rest of the morning until 2pm although it will not be manned.
• Sunday 11th January 2015 Family Meeting – this will include a time of prayer.
Let me encourage you to come and join us as we seek God together.